Friday 7 March 2014

What is love?

Recently, I've been wondering about the true meaning of "love". Here's a definition of it : Love refers to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes that ranges from interpersonal affection to pleasure. It can refer to an emotion of a strong attraction and personal attachment.It can also be a virtue representing human kindness,compassion, and affection. It may also describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals.

You must be wondering why I'm so interested to find out about this. The reason is simple, I thought I was in love. Yup! I "thought", which means I come to realize that it was not "love", it was "infatuation" which means that you think that you like a person but the truth is that, you're feeling lonely and desperate to find someone and this makes you think that you're in love. 

So, why does this bother me so much? I was really disgusted by myself, stalking, getting jealous of other girls who interacted with him and even cried for that. Ah, how silly and foolish I must had been ,right? I was even comparing myself with other girls and hoping that I was actually born prettier so that he will even take a look at me as a girl, not just a friend. Pathetic. However, I must say that I'm really lucky to have my two friends, Veron and Shaun who really cheered me up and gave me lots of advices. The most important thing that I've learnt is that "If a guy likes you for your appearance then he is not worth your time and love at all because human will age and grow old and by then we will not look the way we are now and eventually this guy will leave you. Find a guy who will treasure who you are, your personality, your everything."   

In the end, I learnt that that guy that I like actually do not have the same feelings as I have for him and the reasons are " Not pretty and immature " , wow it hurts. For that moment in time, my heart really felt like it was going to burst. It's hard to accept that but it eventually made me stop liking him, totally. His and my reason to not each other. I just want to say to this guy that I do not have any feelings left for you, even if i have, I'll try my best to remove it cause it's just a waste of my time. 

The chat with Veron was really useful. I talked to her about my self-esteem problem and she gave me tips and told me how she herself handle such situations. Right before I slept, I actually told myself something, "I'm going to change for the better, not for him, not for anyone else but for myself. I'm going to be strong and love myself more so that I will not feel lonely, I'm going to treat myself like a princess so that I will not have to long for others to love me and I will always think positively of myself.

I hope this actually helps some of you guys and I hope you all can learn something from this. Here's my blessings for you all. 

Do not cry. Smile cause everyone looks most charming when they smile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment